Business always means competition.
Regardless of the nature of your business, you will always find that you have competitors, who are also doing their best to become successful.
Of course, you have to get over your competitors; if not, you will be left on the ground.
However, at times, it can be hard to scope out who really your competitors are. With that said, here are ways to scope out your competition.
1. Check your competitors’ website. Once you know who your competitors are, you have to check their sites so that you can assess their web presence. You can get lots of information from their website alone – the keywords they are using, their target market, their services or products, their key message and more. With these details, you can easily see what sets you apart and that you can create a marketing plan so as to drive customers to your site, and not to your competitors’ sites.
2. Check the placement of your competitors on search engines. You have to know the rank of your competitors on different search engines so that you will know how far they are from you.
3. Read reviews. This is one of the great ways to scope out your competition. You have to know the online reputation of your competitors by reading reviews online.
4. Check your competitors’ social media accounts. Take a look at their profile photos and check if they have fan pages. Check also the messages that they send to their customers. By doing this, you will be able to make your social media account unique which can set you apart from the others.
5. Check the content sites used by your competitors. Among the ways to scope out your competition, this one is usually ignored, however, if you really like to succeed, you should not overlook this. Make sure to know the blogs, contents and videos that are being used by your competitors so that you can figure out what content you should use as well.
Click my vlog post below for a more personal story about competition.